Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Sunday Runday!

First - long runs are back! 20km today since I'm coming off a 'down' week. It's going well so far and it's nice to be back in the routine again. What I'm finding less fun is waking up early on my weekend, but I'm getting back into it - I miss sleeping in though! There's always naps, I suppose.

I'm hoping that everything goes well, and Around the Bay will be successful. So far so good, and I'm trying to be a little more committed to my running, and having fewer half-assed workouts.

I've also downloaded the zombies, run! app for my phone. It's pricy (about $8), unless you get it when it's on for 50% off. I wasn't sure when I was going to use it, but I've found it good for my Saturday runs, since I usually do those by myself. I don't run with music, and that is an option for this app, but you can also put together a playlist for it, if that's your thing. Also, you kind of get sucked into the storyline. I've been impressed so far. My Saturday run was the one I was most likely to blow-off so for me, it's really good to have something that I look forward to, and gets me out for the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment