Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm ready for spring

So, I figure I ought to write something, if for no other reason to let people know I'm still alive. The running is going ok. I'm finding it a lot harder to get the long runs in (well the full distance of the long run), when it's winter than when it was spring/summer. Mostly because I get tired of running in minus a million degrees Celsius week in and week out. But I have to start buckling down soon, so I'm trying to mentally get myself ready for running 20k (in a few weeks it's 25k) in cold weather. I'm hoping it will be a bit warmer when I have to do that. I have to give props to the people that are training for Around the Bay and Boston right now, because I'm not loving it. I like cool weather - Fall and Spring are good for me, but winter? After a while I find it grueling, I don't know if it's just the cold, or the combination of the cold, the footing, and the lack of sunlight that makes the long runs feel long.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is having good runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment